CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 3, 2009

In my dreams...

Sometimes as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep I start dreaming about my next blog post. A lot of things I post about come to me this way and since this is my outlet I purge my thoughts here for everyone to enjoy.

Yesterday I took the boys to meet a new babysitter. She is going to be watching them while my mother in law takes her annual vacation to Idaho. She was very nice and the boys got along great with her kids. She is "technically" in our ward though I don't think she is active.

So last night I was thinking to myself that maybe this could be an answer to my prayers, that maybe I could ask her to go to Enrichment with me or something. Maybe I could make a new friend. Maybe I wouldn't be so lonely.

My thoughts then went back in the day to Jr. High/High School when any question you had in life could be answered on a scrap of notebook paper. All you needed was to circle yes or no. Remember those notes?

Last night this was the note I drew up in my mind:

Then this morning I wake up to an email inviting me to a GNO. And another ward blogger who posts about making people feel invited and feeling bad about not inviting everyone to everything she does.

And then I thought about it. I was invited to a craft day...I bailed for Snowflake. I was invited to a GNO/Movie night...I was going out of town. I was invited to make a new craft....I didn't even email back.

All this time I have been so obsessed with why nobody likes me. Maybe it's because I am a huge FLAKE! The recurring theme here is that when others have reached out to include me I don't go. When I actually do go to Enrichment I stay in my comfort zone (sitting by my Mother in Law) rather than sit by people and make conversation.

One night at a party someone told me that I was so outgoing and that I easily made friends with anyone...well anyone I wanted to. I could have died. I felt so bad because I knew that she was talking about me not being very friendly with her.

Maybe I don't want my note answered. I think the first question would be answered with a resounding YES.

I am going to try harder. I promise! Don't give up on me. When (not if) we become better friends I will be a good one, I promise. At least Beast & Katie can vouch for me...right?

***********Edit to add**************
Katie told me this was a sad post! But it isn't....see I may have a potential new friend, and a potential missionary oppurtunity. And I am going to go to the GNO this weekend, I even told Blair he is babysitting (is it babysitting when it's your own kids?) anyways...


THIS was a sad post. Today is about making changes. Change is good!

5 comments:

G Gang said...

Of course! Kind of a sad post. We'll talk about it at lunch today. Plus I have some high school gossip for you (kind of lame, I know).

Watson Family said...

(Let's try this comment again. I'm the typo queen, sorry!)

A sincere "No" and "Yes" from me. You always look, act, and dress beautifully! :) From were I sit, you are one of the cool kids in the ward, not to mention the primary!

Bridgette said...

Are you a Twilight fan? Well I am, so here is my analogy.
You know how the Cullens...at school...are totally ignored & no one seems to notice them. Yet, the Cullens could care less. They have their family, they're older, wiser and way too mature & confident to care or want to be a part of the high school drama & silly chit chat.
I have to say that is more how I saw you. You have a life, you have family around, you are busy w/ work, work friends, I didn't think you were really out to make more friends.
How funny that we were on the same wave-length. I think you are awesome Mindy. With each of your posts & little in-sight on your life I like you more & more. So, NO, YES!

The Triana Family said...

I have to say I know what you are going through. I go to church alone, because Joaquin doesnt go, and I keep to myself, and I do expect the others to come to me and invite me and welcome me, but I think about it all the time, and I think, If I would make an effort maybe more people would too.
But yea, we need to make an effort too, we dont need to wait for people to come to us. !!! Love you Mindy!
FYI - you ar ea flake, sorry its true, next time I drive 8 hours to go down there you better make the time to drive over and see me!!! he he I still love you!

Kelly and Megan said...

Oh Mindy! I think you are such a great girl! I know I am one of those "smile and politely say hello" kind of people. You have been so nice to offer playdates with our boys and I have been the flakey one. I am sorry for that! We really should get together. I am always up for some needed girl time! My delima is that my husband has a stinky schedule and doesn't usually go with anyone else's. But, I would love to try and do something!