If you want to protect your images from people being able to right-click (and save as) you can do the following-
Go to Add/Arrange Page Elements and select html/java script. Copy and paste this script:
Save & you are done!
2. Disable the left-click function to enlarge photos:
Some camera settings already do not let you enlarge the photo's. Test your blog and see if you need this step. If you do then continue with the following-
When you are creating a new post you have 2 tabs in the right hand corner. Click on Edit html. Your post will now probably look like a bunch of gobblety gook to you. You are looking for this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LQnoj1w0gqQ/SfI80dsrFjI/AAAAAAAABBQ/YGlzvkuprTw/s1600-h/blogger.jpg
The red text is what you want to change. Change it to www.blogspot.com When someone tries to click on your photo it will take them top a page that cannot be found.
For every image you post you will have two sets of html code. See up there where it has /s1600? That is the enlarged size. This is the one you want to change! The second line of code is the visible size on your blog. If you use large it will probably be /s400. KIT- This is how I enlarged my pictures...I change mine to s800.
3. Get a Statcounter for your blog. There are lots of free service like Statcounter or SiteMeter. Check it often and watch the traffic on your blog. See how people are arriving there and how.
4. If you want to watermark your photos you can download a free photo editing program at getpaint.net Create a text to place over your photos before you upload them to your blog.
**Disclaimer**
I am by no means an expert, and these are the safeguards I choose to use. Unfortunately there are ways if someone really wants a picture they can get it. If you use these I hope they work well for you!
2. Disable the left-click function to enlarge photos:
Some camera settings already do not let you enlarge the photo's. Test your blog and see if you need this step. If you do then continue with the following-
When you are creating a new post you have 2 tabs in the right hand corner. Click on Edit html. Your post will now probably look like a bunch of gobblety gook to you. You are looking for this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LQnoj1w0gqQ/SfI80dsrFjI/AAAAAAAABBQ/YGlzvkuprTw/s1600-h/blogger.jpg
The red text is what you want to change. Change it to www.blogspot.com When someone tries to click on your photo it will take them top a page that cannot be found.
For every image you post you will have two sets of html code. See up there where it has /s1600? That is the enlarged size. This is the one you want to change! The second line of code is the visible size on your blog. If you use large it will probably be /s400. KIT- This is how I enlarged my pictures...I change mine to s800.
3. Get a Statcounter for your blog. There are lots of free service like Statcounter or SiteMeter. Check it often and watch the traffic on your blog. See how people are arriving there and how.
4. If you want to watermark your photos you can download a free photo editing program at getpaint.net Create a text to place over your photos before you upload them to your blog.
**Disclaimer**
I am by no means an expert, and these are the safeguards I choose to use. Unfortunately there are ways if someone really wants a picture they can get it. If you use these I hope they work well for you!
1 comments:
Mindy! You're awesome! Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment