CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 1, 2008

The Beast

My big sister Betsy and the rest of the Snowflake crowd came to visit us during Spring Break last week. The house seems a whole lot smaller when there are 12 people in it. All in all it was a lot of fun. Betsy even bravely kept the boys for a couple of days while I worked. Dillon was quite a pill and ended up blue. Thats a post in itself when I can download the pictures.

Since she went home on Friday I have all of the sudden been very lonely without her. We shared a room until she got married 9 years ago and she's always been my "person". (I'm definitely Christina and she's Meredith. She will understand). I can tell her anything and even though she can't always keep a secret she does always listen and let me just be myself no matter how rude and crass that may be at times.

I wish I could be the mother she is. The patience alone is a blessing I wish I had. I have always known that I had issues being patient and when I prayed for patience I was given Dillon as the answer, to daily test my patience. Ha-ha! Betsy seems to be able to handle all the noise and ruckus that having 5 kids brings with a very calm easy-going attitude. I don't know how she does it.

Most of all my pre-Blair happy memories involve Betsy. She was always my Disneyland ride partner, we shared the "vault", there was the summer of Lexthie and Lucthie, our road trip to Cali being chased by the demon semi, and all the other good times.

I love you Beast! Hope you had as much fun last week as I did!

1 comments:

Mortensen Family said...

oh how fun! I totally remember betsy- she was the "fun laurel" and she was always so nice to us obnoxious younger ones. Tell her I say hello when you get a chance.
talk to ya later! -Fawn-