Well my week of vacation is officially over. It's kind of sucked because of all weeks Blair has been getting home later and later each night so we haven't even seen each other. Thank goodness for the Olympics coverage late at night because we have at least enjoyed staying up too late watching that together.
It was my goal to teach Dillon to say Mom, Mommy, Mama pretty much anything resembling my name this week. Unfortunately he was not able to make my year! Instead he learned Elmo. What a smart boy! I have enjoyed our alone time this week but he hasn't snuggled as much as I liked, he has become Jordy Jr. and has wanted to watch Toy Story on repeat. I think he just likes having the Buzz and Woody toys to himself. But he has never gotten down the stairs so fast as when I ask him if he's ready to go get Brother from school.
Jordan is totally loving pre-school. Each day he gives me the rundown on the full activities. Apparently today he dumped out all the food toys. Thank goodness Lily was there to help clean them up. Or should I say Yiyy. I have never noticed how much Jordy says Y's for L's until he wanted to tell me about what "Yetter he yearned" today! It reminds me of my cousin Tyler that Betsy used to tickle torture until he would scream "Yeave my yegs ayone!" Still cracks me up.
I really meant to do something productive this week and so far this is all I have accomplished. I still have 4 rows and countless clipping to do but at least it's something! And now that the Gymnastics portion of the Olympics is over maybe I can finish it up before I head out to Albuquerque on Tuesday.
It was my goal to teach Dillon to say Mom, Mommy, Mama pretty much anything resembling my name this week. Unfortunately he was not able to make my year! Instead he learned Elmo. What a smart boy! I have enjoyed our alone time this week but he hasn't snuggled as much as I liked, he has become Jordy Jr. and has wanted to watch Toy Story on repeat. I think he just likes having the Buzz and Woody toys to himself. But he has never gotten down the stairs so fast as when I ask him if he's ready to go get Brother from school.
Jordan is totally loving pre-school. Each day he gives me the rundown on the full activities. Apparently today he dumped out all the food toys. Thank goodness Lily was there to help clean them up. Or should I say Yiyy. I have never noticed how much Jordy says Y's for L's until he wanted to tell me about what "Yetter he yearned" today! It reminds me of my cousin Tyler that Betsy used to tickle torture until he would scream "Yeave my yegs ayone!" Still cracks me up.
I really meant to do something productive this week and so far this is all I have accomplished. I still have 4 rows and countless clipping to do but at least it's something! And now that the Gymnastics portion of the Olympics is over maybe I can finish it up before I head out to Albuquerque on Tuesday.
3 comments:
I love that quilt!!!
I am pretty much an unproductive loser when the Olympics are on. I count the country winning medals as my accomplishment for the day. : )
Hey, I didn't know you had last week off. I should have come over one day and hung out. Then you could also have taught me how to sew, or quilt, or whatever. Shoot!
Hi Mindy! That quilt is amazing! Great job! I just made my 1st two quilts ever and I am so proud, but they don't look anything like that! How fun! Hope you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment