Yeah! October is finally here! This is my favorite time of year and not only because it is my birthday month. I love the fall colors, Halloween (my favorite holiday) and the anticipation for the Christmas season. Did you know that it is only 84 days until Christmas?
Speaking of Christmas, I saw a good idea on another website about gifts for kids at Christmas. I am all about spending less on material items and spending more quality time together. I would really love a handmade Christmas but I don't have the time or energy to accomplish that this year! Anyways the rules for Christmas are:
Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read
I think I am going to try to stick to this as close as possible!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
4 comments:
Aunt Tara- You are cracking me up!
I totally agree with you! Brett and I were just talking about scaling back Christmas because my kids always get spoiled by grandparents and aunts/uncles. My Uncle does this with his 5 boys and it works really well. They also get one big family gift too.
First of all, I don't appreciate the Halloween music. I don't usually have my sound on my computer and I got really freaked out by the theme from Halloween. And I don't know if I've always felt this way, or if I'm just old enough now to admit it, but I don't like Halloween - it scares me. Yes, this is Katie writing, not Betsy. (sorry Betsy)
I think the last Halloween I celebrated was with Snow White. I think that was a good one to end on.
I am with Katie on this one. Why don't you just let the Haunted Mansion music play. It brings back happy memories.
Post a Comment