Blair is back to working nights for the next few weeks so that mean me & the boys are on our own from about 7:00 on. With both of the kids being sick in the last week and having guests we have had them both in bed with us.
On one hand I could be thoroughly enjoying the bed all to myself. I could put the boys to bed with some stories and snuggles etc. But ever since Dillon got the boot from the crib the "snuggles" means I have to lay right next to him. And he does not fall asleep quickly. Imagine me crammed against the wall with Dillon next, then 2 stuffed animals, 2 Mickey Mouse pillows and Jordan. On a twin size bunk bed. We can't switch spots or Dillon would fall off in the middle of the night. or Jordan would crush him as he escapes to our room for the third or fourth time of the night. If I move even a muscle Dillon sits straight up and cries for me.
On the other hand I can let the boys sleep with me. A king size bed is much easier for us to cram into. But then I don't get to catch up on all my shows because in order for Dill to fall asleep he needs silence and darkness. Which means I fall asleep too. I could probably use the sleep anyways. But Dillon also moves around like crazy and kicks me in the face and cries and wakes me up at 11:00 and then it takes me an hour and a half to fall back asleep. This inevitably leads to me waking up late, thus I am late for work and cranky. And forget to feed the dog or pack socks or underwear for the kids.
Physical pain or Mental anguish?
**However, falling softly into dreamland with Jordan's hand clasped tightly in mine and Dillon's warm breath on my back as he softly rubbed his chubby hands over it all the while softly murmuring "Mommy" was quite the way to fall asleep last night.**
Being a mom = touch choices. But either choice is more than worth it! I just loves my boys!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
1 comments:
sweet choices
Post a Comment