My daily bread. Or delish whole wheat pita bread, whatever you want to call it.
Anyhoo, BEAST here is your recipe. Eric can thank me in elk horns (that I forgot to bring home but Jordan remembered).
Pita Bread
1 1/2 C All-Purpose flour
1 1/2 C Whole Wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 TB sugar
1 pkg Rapid-Rise yeast
mix dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
1 1/2 C warm water (115-120°)
2 TB EVOO (I may have just puked....Rachel Ray egads!)
add to dry ingredients.
Dump contents onto floured surface and knead 10 minutes (give or take). Return to bowl and cover with damp towel. Let rise until doubled.
Separate into 8 equal mounds. Cover with damp towel and let rest 10-15 minutes while you pre-heat oven to 400°. Put a pizza stone or over turned pan in oven while preheating.
Roll each mound to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. Bake for 5 minutes.
Serve with something Yum-O (ew there I go again) like hummus or chicken salad. Or plain. They keep well for 4 days or so.
**FYI- This is NOT a Rachel Ray recipe or an endorsement for her insanity thank you very much!**
3 comments:
I think I'll steal this recipe too. Although I've never made bread w/o a bread maker - you know me!
And I'm with on the Rachel Ray thing. EVOO - so dumb!
LOL at the EVOO comment. Does Rachel Ray bug you a little too??? If so, you're not alone. :-)
I am new here! What a great blog :)
Post a Comment