CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 16, 2009

New year, trying out new things...

On my blog that is.

I am enjoying my calling in Primary teaching the CTR 6 kids. While preparing my weekly lesson I have been trying to think of ways to implement them into our own Family Home Evening activities. So each Monday I am going to try to post our FHE plans and hope that it helps out some of my friends/family who like me have a hard time coming up with ideas for little one's.

Faith in Jesus Christ
*Song- "Faith" with actions, (Children's Songbook, page 96)
Faith is knowing the sun will rise, (arms form a half-circle over head)
lighting each new day. (arms slowly drop to shoulder level)
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear (cup hands behind ears)
my prayers each time I pray. (hands together as in prayer)
Faith is like a little seed: (cup left hand and imitate planting a seed with right hand)
If planted, it will grow. (right hand imitates a plant growing from the cupped left hand)
Faith is a swelling within my heart. (place hands over heart)
When I do right, (point right index finger upward)
I know. (touch right index finger to head)

*Scripture- Alma 32:28  (27-43 for older children)


*Activity- Plant seeds in garden/pots

*Treat- Sunflower seeds, poppy seed muffins, Pop Rocks

0 comments: