CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 24, 2009

Romance at D-Land...

The last trip my family (The Hunt's) took to Disneyland was back in March 2003. This was the first time a grandchild came with us and we all got to see Disney through a toddler's eyes. Blair was also a brave boyfriend and came with us.


I use the term "boyfriend" loosely. We had been friends for almost a year, and it was quite a tumultuous love/hate friendship. Things changed and we began dating in late February of 2003. I like to joke that he planned to start dating after Valentine's so he didn't have to get me anything. The way that our relationship began was with me giving Blair an ultimatum....date me or we can't be friends. His response was "I can't date you, because then I would marry you." We both stormed off, didn't speak for 2 weeks then I guess he decided that wouldn't be so awful after all!


We were pretty much talking marriage immediately after our first kiss. We even went ring shopping. Then my family thought it would be fun if Blair and I joined their already planned trip to Disneyland so they could get to know him better.


I was sure that he would propose at Disneyland...like 90% sure. He kept telling me that he didn't have the ring yet, that he bought it but it wouldn't be there until we got home. I didn't believe him, I was not to be fooled so easily.

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS HOW MUCH I LOVE DISNEYLAND! 
IT WILL BE PERFECT!


We drove together in his little truck, singing along to Roger Clyne (classic Cali roadtrip music) I probably slept like usual. Day one passed with no proposal. Day two same story. Day 3 my mom makes us try on Bride & Groom Mickey Ears at the MadHatter shop...she must know something! At the end of the day there was still no proposal.But, BUT! we were going to watch fireworks...he is totally going to propose during fireworks. How romantic!


The fireworks ended...you are getting the picture...no proposal.


We drive home...my ring finger sadly naked. I don't think I sang along. If I wasn't sleeping I was probably crying into my pillow.


2 comments:

G Gang said...

I have never heard this story. Pretty funny!
But I do remember how he finally proposed and that was pretty good.

Kristin said...

It would have been perfect for him to proposed at Disneyland. So did he even bring the ring there? I remember how shocked we were when he did finally propose. It was a classic! Who would have thought to take out your battery? Maybe your sons will carry this dream out for you and propose to their girlfriends at Disneyland!