CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 20, 2009

Still sparkling...

Six years ago my hubs placed a ring on my finger and called me his. Forever...

The hand upon said ring resides has been through alot in the last 2,190 days. It has swelled to twice it's size for 9 months (twice), changed countless diapers, been through surgery, given backrubs, held his through movies, made   a home, cooked meals etc...

In those days there has not been one that my hand has not ached to hold his. To wrap around him. To stroke his arm. Not a single one. I just love this man!
*******************************

The ring may be weathered and slightly dulled with age, but that diamond still sparkles and reminds me of our wedding day. I am never without my rings, I feel naked without them!

Traditionally this year we would be exchanging candy or iron gifts. I am thinking chocolate for me and golf clubs for him. Except my hubs is the best hubs and is giving me the gift of EMERALDS! He is taking me to see this:


And in keeping with our green theme I am taking him here:



That's right my dearest...six years later and we are still sparkling! I love you! Happy Anniversary!

*P.S*
Thanks to USA Today for paying me to travel to Vegas conveniently when my in-laws are passing through and are willing to take my kids home.

*P.P.S*
Thanks to my fabulous in-laws who are willing to keep our kids for a weekend of alone time! You are the best! We love you guys!

2 comments:

The Maestas Family said...

Happy Anniversary!

Watson Family said...

I'm green with envy over Wicked, that has got to be the best anniversary present! :) I hope you have an amazing time and the Happiest Wedding Anniversary!!!