CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 29, 2009

Daysleeper...

Monday night on the road just outside of Quartzsite I awoke to the haunting refrain of R.E.M's song Daysleeper. I immedietly thought of Blair. And then my Dad.



I'm the screen, the blinding light
I'm the screen, I work at night

I see today with a newsprint fray
My night is colored headache grey
Don't wake me with so much
Daysleeper

My good husband was driving alone with his IPOD while his lovies slept through their carsickness. He's always so good that way. It's give and take that makes our marriage work. He drives us while we sleep and I stay up with two little boys that don't want to go to bed after such a long slumber through the desert. 

I've heard the wives tale of men marrying women like their mother. But the longer we are married the more similarities I see between Blair and my Dad. Both could talk endlessly about sports, baseball in particular. Both like children, and show it through roughhousing. Both love music. Both sleep all day and work at night. Daysleepers...

1 comments:

G Gang said...

Blair is totally like your dad. That's a good thing.