CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 21, 2009

Stormy nights...

On my 4th birthday my parents bought me a Care Bear... specifically Bedtime Bear. I wonder sometimes if Betsy paid them to get it so I wouldn't snuggle her so tightly. I bet she did.



Bedtime became my constant nighttime companian. He made many trips with my family and me. Whenever I was scared or couldn't sleep I would stroke his little tummy and wish on that hanging star that bedtime would keep me safe. I also would suck on his little tuft of nylon hair and tuck it behind his ear to style it. I obviously was a weird child.


When I got married I had a choice...give up Bedtime Bear or have Blair laugh at me. First off, yes I was 22 when I was married and yes I STILL slept with Bedtime. I chose to have Blair laugh.


Then this little thing came home with us one day:
Photobucket


And poor Bedtime got the boot. I had a real live snuggler. And 4 1/2 years later I still have a real live snuggler. I have issues. I know.




Last night we finally got some rain! But with it came some nasty thunder & lightening. I tried to scoop up Jordy to snuggle him (I hate storms) and he was TOO BIG! Too big to snuggle! My little boy is getting so big. Rather than tickling my knees, his legs now reach to my ankles.


I think Bedtime may be making a comeback.

2 comments:

G Gang said...

Trusty ol' Bedtime Bear. That nasty old thing.

The Karafa Family said...

Oh please...don't pretend like I don't know about BLANKIE!!!!