CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 5, 2009

A WICKEDly good 4th...

Yesterday was finally the day I had been waiting for... for about 3 1/2 years! WICKED!

We arrived at Gammage nice and early and even had time to enjoy some cinnamon roasted almonds... one of my favorite treats. The Beast had other family obligations so Noah got to come with us (lucky duck).




The other nice thing about arriving early is forcing my family to allow me to take their pictures. I think this one says it all. More specifically it says : Yeah! Mindy is taking pictures again! (I really wanted to photoshop in a thought bubble Gill...)


Our seats were just about perfect. We were almost dead center stage. I wouldn't have minded being a few more rows closer though.



The show? In a word...AWESOME! Such good songs, such a talented cast, a great crowd. It was so much fun. We saw the understudy for Elphaba and she was great! If I was a morning person I might think about camping out early to get some of the $25 lottery tickets the have!

One thing about having a blog is having your family say "You better not put that on your blog" when you take their picture. I am mean enough that I just don't care! Love you guys!



Betsy we missed you! You would have loved it!


Grandpa Hunt was such a good sport and watched the boys! I felt so bad that Dillon didn't take a nap for you... until last night when Jordy said that you took a nap but that it was okay because he and Dillon played nice together and had a tea party. Ha ha ha.....

After the show and the boys 2 hour swim with Grandpa we decided to celebrate America's birthday with one of our favorite places...Oregano's. Jordy had a great time playing with the pizza dough.


And Dill? Well...


It was a delicious meal. Especially the dessert...........PIZZOOKIE!


We ended up hitting the West side just in time to see the Goodyear fireworks. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

G Gang said...

Sounds like a fun day. I'm jealous!

Watson Family said...

Your fourth of July sounded wicked awesome! :) Mindy, you're a total gem, and your timing perfect for volunteering to take my 3 kids in primary today. Maddie was having an off day in nursery and I was able to go take care of her and send Jerry along to Elders Quorum. I know it's a rarity to have that small of a group in primary, but I hope you'll always feel free to let us take a few off your hands when you've got an oversized class. Thanks again, and happy July!

Gill said...

The thought bubble should say "Oh man, that bee's gonna kill me!" Since that's what I was thinking.