CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 26, 2009

Mom School...

Jordan was one sad little man when I had to break the news that Miss Brooke wasn't doing preschool this year. He loves learning and I didn't want what he learned last year to go to waste before Fall 2010 when he will begin Kindergarten.
Our solution was Mom School. At Mom School this year we have one goal: teach JoJo to read.
The curriculum we are using is Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I did some research on homeschooling sites to find something that I felt confident I could do. We are on lesson 10 and he is doing amazingly. He is "reading" 3 letter words not realizing he is doing anything but sounding them out by "saying it fast".




At the end of each lesson we are also working on writing our "sounds". He is getting so much better at holding his pencil...er crayon (pencils are potential weapons at Mom School).




Does school get any better than attending on Mom's bed in your jammies? I doubt it!

 I'm so proud of my little buddy!


1 comments: