CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 5, 2009

It belongs to him...

When we venture out in public as a foursome there is one given: we will split off into twosomes, Jordy & Dad, Dill & Mom. It works for us. Mainly because Dill comes with his own special requirements that Dad isn't necessarily able no willing to provide.

Lately I have been noticing a trend though. One where Jordan doesn't even seem to mind not sitting next to Mom. The same Jordan who spend the first 3 years of his life basically attached to my hip, his fingers twisted into my hair. He's moved on...

Never was this more apparent than tonight when my brave little boy came to me with eyes stretched open wide trying to keep the flood of tears at bay and told me "I haven't had a long enough weekend with Daddy" and before he could choke out "and now he has to go to work" the floods came. My poor baby. The worst part was feeling so helpless as the only thing that he wanted was his Daddy and that was the one thing I couldn't provide.

Promises were made (Blair to return and Jordy not to cry) and life as we have begun to know it (us alone) began again. I tried to lessen the blow with Halloween decorating and some baking. It seems to have done the trick as he is now fast asleep in his Daddy's place.

0 comments: