I've been stuck in the middle too many times to count. I have walked through dark tunnels. I have run through the dark. I always need a little help to see the light at the end.
Many years ago I was there, stuck in the middle of that tunnel too stubborn to move when my mother directed me towards the light. Not directly of course because the key word is stubborn and I wouldn't have listened. But she directed me towards The Book of Mormon. Specifically towards Alma Chapter 34. I believe with all my heart that my mother prayed for me to see the light. And I know that a loving Heavenly Father must have told her to direct me there. There has never been a passage in the scriptures that spoke to me as strongly as the words of Amulek.
The good news is I made it through the tunnel. I've never been stuck in the dark (for very long) since. I refer back to those words often. Especially my favorite scripture:
So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for the power of prayer. For loving family and friends. And for the love and tender mercy my Heavenly Father has bestowed upon me.
Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:
Your words, insights and experiences are such an example and testimony to me, truly. May your Thanksgiving be filled with peace and plenty!
Knowing your mom, she was definitely praying for you. What a beautiful post and I love that scripture too!
I am just catching up on my feed reader...we've been gone.
About a week ago I looked up Thanksgiving & was directed to this scripture. I have been reading & rereading this chapter daily. Once again we are on the same wave-length. :-)
BTW, love the Christmas header So Cute!
Post a Comment