" On the 9th day of Christmas my true loves and me, snuggled up and read a Christmas Story"
The key to my countdown success is not putting the activities in the calendar until right before it's time. We also do our countdown at night after I have gotten home from work. I never know how I am going to feel, and how the boys will be behaving so it's just easier that way.
After last nights shenanigans and a fun day playing at the park (Hey Bridgette- Jordan was so excited to tell me about his new friend Ty....I see playdates in the future) the boys were tired. And Dillon was grumpy. So tonight our countdown needed to be quick and easy.
Right after a nice warm bath we got comfy in our festive socks and Mommy's festive pants. My festive pants are also known as a really unattractive pair of my husbands sweats that are so wonderfully comfortable. He will never get them back. Sorry hon...
We picked our favorite holiday book "The Night Before Christmas". I like it because I have the words pretty much memorized. The boys like that I read it quite animated (and silly) and the lift up flaps with hidden pictures don't hurt either.
Only 16 more days...


1 comments:
What fun and happy holiday traditions for you and your little cuddle bugs! :)
Post a Comment