CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 7, 2009

One-Eight...*Updated with Recipe*



"On the 7th day of Christmas my true loves and me, made ornaments for our tree".


Today the boys and I made some non-edible cinnamon ornaments. Man oh man, my house smelled delicious today. Since it was such a blustery day outside this was the perfect time killer.

Cinnamon Ornaments


1 C Cinnamon
1 TB Cloves
1 TB Nutmeg
1 C Applesauce
2 TB Elmer's Glue


Mix ingredients together. Dough should be moist but not sticky. Sprinkle cinnamon on counter & roll to 1/3 inch thickness and cut into shapes. Use a straw for the holes. Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees, flipping halfway through. Now you can paint them, tie on a ribbon and hang them up! If you don't want to bake them it will take a few days to dry.

Dillon manned the cinnamon-


Jordan had the applesauce under control-


I handled the Elmer's glue. My children are great, but they cannot be trusted with glue. I have to admit that I was tempted to put the glue all over my hands and peel my "skin" off to show them. Maybe I can't be trusted either...

Good thing we found a great set of cookie cutters on our trip to Dollar Tree the other night. They came in very handy today!




(do not mind the horrendously disgusting pantry in the background. WOW!)


The rain outside was too hard to resist for my little yahoo's. They are such boys! I was freezing just standing next to the open door. (maybe I will take the Snuggie Blair has been threatening to put under the tree.)





Only 18 more days...

4 comments:

Darice said...

These look great!! Recipe please!!

Rachel said...

I love your Christmas spirit!

Darice said...

Thank you for the recipe- I am totally going to use it!!

Darice said...

Ornaments are in the oven! They smell so good!