CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 28, 2010

Hi-Yo, Silver...

Silver Dollar City that is!


Years ago Nanny & Pappy (Blair's grandparents) retired to Branson. Blair had told me about the times they went to Silver Dollar City when they stayed with them. When we saw it featured on a TV show a few weeks back I decided it would be a fun place to vacation with the kids.

First thing we decided to go to Marvel Cave. I don't remember exactly but it is something like 500 feet below ground. And you have to walk down steps to get there. And if you are me then you have to walk in flipflops and carry a grouchy Dillon too.

This is the view from the cathedral room with all the lights off. Scary!


After feeling "tricked" by Blair into going on the tour in the first place I did feel better after he had to pass through "Tall Man's Headache" which is only 4ft 7in tall.


Unlike the grouch Pickles, Jordy had a great time. Even if he was on constant look-out for bats!



Being the Disneyland fans that we are the rides were really nothing special. But it was more about nbeing out in nature and having a slow peaceful vacation (everything in Missouri is ssssllllooooowww). The kids seemed to enjoy the rides though, and I was glad for the kids area where I didn't have to ride with them.



The really enjoyed their free souvenirs.

STICKS!

After closing time we stayed to enjoy the GAC show. I have never been a huge country music fan but I thought it was a great show. The best part was sitting in the amphitheater as the sun was going down looking at the awesome scenery.


And grouchy Mr. Pickles finally found a happy face after a quick nap on Mom and a very nice lady who gave him a free box of popcorn.


And this boy... well just always has a happy face!

1 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

I am pretty sure the phrase was Hi Ho silver... That is a very happy face on Jordy, but next time give the boy a kleenex first.