CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 29, 2010

When you're strange...

It has been a sad, strange little week (past week) round these parts. We returned home from vacation after taking an extra day to lounge in the pool and take the kids to Toy Story 3. We pretty much got thrown right back into "real life" with no buffer.

Sunday was our second day in our new ward, in our new building, with new classes to teach (sub) and new teachers for the boys. The bribe of a garbage truck kept Dillon in his chair. It also helped that he passed out on his sweet sub halfway through sharing time (thanks again Darice).

You would think that with seeing the movie he has been waiting months for, along with new toys would keep the Pickle happy. Wrong! He became increasingly grumpier as the week went on. Poor buddy was having some severe sinus issue and couldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, and grouched the whole day through. He's since been diagnosed with strep throat and after a couple days of meds he is on the mend and back to his normal self (still pretty grumpy, but with a dimply smile). I often ask him if he is a sweet pickle or sour pickle. We have very different answers...

Usually JoJo takes the brunt of Dillon's anger but this week I think it has fallen on Mom & Grandma K. Remember way back when I called Jordan MOUTH... its's times like these that I am glad that I blog. Because I can see that almost 4 year old boys are like this. And it does get better.

It's just really hard when you go to a baby shower and a lady from your ward tells you how she and her husband were laughing at Dillon growling at me and saying that he was going to kill me in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. At least someone is laughing...



While he might take the brunt of the abuse JoJo gets his punches in too. Literally. For weeks he is scratched, choked, bit etc then he waits until Mom & Dad are out of the room and he clocks his brother with a right jab to the face. Aren't brothers wonderful?



It's especially wonderful when your husband lets you take a leisurely hot bath on a Sunday afternoon only to have your baby trotted in with blood gushing from his nose.

No worries... Dillon said "What's this red stuff? It's awesome!"

Indeed...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good to know about the "mouth" thing - I'm starting to wish Zach and Mikey hadn't learned to talk...but they sure are cute when they want to be.

Mahers said...

Oh how I love life with boys... it's never boring! I know all to well how you feel, blood included. Sorry to laugh but at least you know we are laughing not at you but with you... right?!