CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 20, 2008

5 things....

There are 5 things I am grateful for today. They are:

1. Camp LoMia. I am grateful that on March 27th 2002 I talked Katie into going on a ward campout to Camp LoMia. This is the night that Blair & I met. (He says that we met earlier at an FHE but I'm sorry, someone saying and this is Blair and this is Willie and this is so & so and you standing there with your arms folded and not saying a word does not count as meeting!) Anyways! Blair had the accurate reputation of not speaking to anyone and I knew I could get him to talk! We played a game called Compatibilty and Blair and Katie ended up partners. It's funny because I remember they won and were the most compatible. Thanks for testing him out Katie! I guess I married the male counterpart of me!


2. The Singles Ward. Not the movie but ASU 3rd Ward. The year and a half I was in this ward were some of the best times of my life. It was during this time that I truelly accepted the gospel into my life and gained a testimony of my own. I am so grateful for the friends I made and still have from this time. And of course it helped me meet Blair.


3. My friend Kristin. Kristin was the first person to extend friendship to me when I came to 3rd Ward. She was the one who told me to come to all the activities and made me feel welcome. She also set up my first date with Blair. It was a double date with her and Chris Jenkins too bad Chris flaked out and Blair ended up with us both. He took it in stride and we went to Golfland. After the date Kristin got the down-low from Blair and I was "NOT HIS TYPE". To which I of course replied "Good, he wasnt mine either". After that date our love/hate friendship started. All the while I think Kristin knew I liked him and (maybe) that he liked me. She always encouraged me to keep after him. Thanks Kris!


4. Roger Clyne. Ok so this one is a little silly but it is true. One night we went bowling with several friends from the ward. Over the speakers I hear "So just how far down do you wanna go".... the beginning to one of my favorite Roger songs and I look over at Blair and he is totally singing along. So we talk about it and we both love RCPM. A few weeks later and some friends are having a bonfire up at Sycamore Creek. I make Blair drive me and conveniently his truck only holds the two of us. Not so conveniently we get lost from the group and dont have cell reception. Blair is playing a RCPM cd that I didn't have and a song comes on and is so perfect for the moment. The chorus is "But baby, baby I could call you baby. If I weren't so empty in the head and tied up in the tongue. But baby, baby I could callyou baby, If I weren't so green and dumb". I kept repeating the song over and over and over and covering the dash so he couldnt stop it. I wonder if he got the hint? Hmmmm


5. Bliss. The wedded kind that is! It was 5 years ago today that I finally got my big old lug down the aisle. Blair is such a good husband. He has been saddled with a moody, know it all, sassy, bad housekeeping wife. And yet he loves me. He really really loves me and makes sure that I know it!


I love you honey!

4 comments:

G Gang said...

Ah! Very sappy, but very sweet. It had to be done on your 5 year!
Congrats and good luck on the next 5.

G Gang said...

Oh, and I totally don't remember the game of Compatibility. I remember the camp-out, of course, but that's pretty funny about the game. Like you said, you must have married the male version of you! No wonder you guys fit so well.

The Hanes Family said...

You are sooo cute! I'm grateful that Willie has awesome friends!

Kristin said...

Thanks Mindy! I cannot believe it has been 5 years. I still remember the night you came in crying because Blair broke up with you and I called him at midnight. I don't know what I was thinking but I guess everything happens for a reason--you were engaged soon thereafter. You guys are so cute and perfect for each other.