CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 13, 2008

Someboady has a case of the......

Fridays?

I always check up on other's blogs to see if they have updated and today I stumbled across a few ladies in my ward. I am really kind of sad because I don't have any real friends in my ward. There are people I am friendly with, as in smile and nod at church but not any real girlfriends. Brooke and I have recently been getting closer and I owe her the world for helping me with my kids but I still feel a disconnect.

I thought about it and realized that it has been 5 years (since my singles ward days) since I had church girlfriends. I know I am kind of the odd man out being a "working mom" and all but it's nobody's fault but my own. I have always been outgoing and had no problem making friends so I don't know what has happened to me. Maybe Blair's shyness has rubbed off? And to think I used to tell Betsy & Katie that there was no such thing as shyness.

I also used to not care at all what people thought of me. That was also about 90 pounds ago. I know my weight has really brought me down and I have been working at getting it off (not as hard as should though) maybe that will bring my confidence out. Could I have buried my confidence under fat? Yikes!

Well this is enough pity partying.....I'll play the blame game and say it's Katie's fault for making me have so much fun yesterday and realizing what I was missing!

T minus 4 hours until the Beast and kids arrive. That should perk me up a bit!

2 comments:

G Gang said...

I'm sorry you felt bad. All I can say is that I really wish we lived closer, that gas wasn't $4 a gallon and that we were both filthy rich so we wouldn't have to work!
Love ya and cheer up!

Barnes Family said...

Hey Mindy! I found the link to your page on Brooke's. You have a very cute page!
Hey if you ever wanna hang out I'm here for ya! I know how hard it is to meet people in the ward when you are in the primary.
We'll have to get together and have a girls night or something!
See ya soon!