CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 2, 2008

My friends...

I almost posted this earlier today and didn't. I don't know why!

I remember when I heard that Blair's oldest and best friend Willie was dating someone. I was really excited and of course wanted to meet her immediately. I had always envisioned Willie's wife and I being best gal pals and I was hoping this could be the one. The first day I met Christy we instantly clicked and were fast friends. Unfortunately they decided to live in the East Valley so we haven't hung out as much as I would like!

I found out about her pregnancy on a business trip to SLC. Christy called me so I wouldn't have to hear it from Blair (thank you!). I was so excited for them and for my boys knowing they would have a new friend. I had a feeling that big tough Willie would end up with a little girl and I was right. If you know Willie you know that he is big and tough on the outside, but if you really know him you know what a softie he can be. I remember the first time he saw Jordan he just snuggled him right up and was so good with him. Christy and Willie will be the BEST parents!

Christy has been on bedrest for a few weeks with hypertension and was admitted last week with Pre-eclampsia. I spoke to her Monday and she sounded okay. The goal was to make it to today (29 weeks) and hopefully even next week. Unfortunately Miss Hanes is stubborn like her Daddy and wanted to come today.

I don't know much other than baby & Momma are okay. I have seen the sweetest picture on Blair's cell phone of their beautiful little girl with her Daddy's huge hand resting beside her (okay I am totally crying again!). I am getting my information from Blair so you know it is shoddy at best! And of course we are leaving town tomorrow.

If you have good thoughts or prayers to spare please think of my sweet friends and their baby girl. I'm sure it will be awhile before she's able to come home. I have no doubt she has her Daddy's strength and her Mommy's determination and everything will be okay, but as a Mom my heart is breaking for them!

**Update**
I spoke to the proud Daddy last night and "Baby Girl" is doing well. She is a little spunky and fighting the nurses which is a great sign! Christy will hopefully be home Monday and Baby Girl (still unnamed) will come home when she can eat, gain weight and stay warm on her own!

3 comments:

Fawn said...

Hey Mindy- thanks for posting this. I had talked to Brooke on Monday, and got up to date to that point, but hadn't heard anything else since. Wow- we will definitely be sending prayers their way! -and I love how your blog looks! so awesome!

G Gang said...

Hey - some words of hope!
Jack and Sam were born at 29 weeks. Jack stayed in the hospital for about 8 weeks or so (if I remember right) and Sam stayed for about 10 weeks (he was smaller - only 1 1/2 pounds at birth or something). So - miracles do happen. Jack and Sam are home doing well 18 months later and it's all a distant, scrapbook memory. I'll keep Willie and Christy and baby girl in our prayers.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the post Mindy! Josh and I definitely have had Willie and Christy on our minds this weekend.