The funniest thing happened at Church on Sunday. Well funny to me, but probably a little teeny bit sacrilegious. We arrived our usual 10 minutes late just in time for the sacrament hymn. Jordan was already begging for a snack. The prayer is said and this conversation ensues:
Jordan- Mommy can I have a snack?
Mom- After the Sacrament.
Jordan- What did you bring? Is there a snack in your bag?
Mom- Shush, after the Sacrament.
We have the bread & water and wait for everyone to finish....
Jordan- Now can I have my snack.
Mom- No, now you can think about Jesus until the boys all sit down.
Jordan- Cheez-its? Is that what you brought?
Mom- What?
Jordan- Are the Cheez-its in your bag? Is that my snack?
Mom quietly giggles to herself!
My friends and family who know me well also know that I am probably the World's worst housekeeper! When we moved to Buckeye I thought things would be better but really a bigger house means a bigger mess! My sister and I have made up our own language even. There is clean and then there is MOM CLEAN. Mom Clean is how we would like our house to be everyday, but usually only is when Mom is coming to visit (hence my week's notice).
WELL...
Yesterday I took a sick day from work to stay home with my boys (thanks again for the offer Rachel, I will be calling you about a day in December!) and I had a total Betty Crocker day! The kids and I grocery shopped and then I put on my Afterglow Greatest Hits CD and MOM Cleaned the house. Okay, not the whole house....everything but the bedrooms. That will take awhile! But I wore my apron all day, I scrubbed floors, did 7 loads of laundry (even folded them), made cinnamon rolls, and chicken parmesan for dinner. It was awesome! I think I need to take sick days more often!
That and my husband should admit to letting friends (JOSH) come over to my filthy house when I am out of town more often too!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
3 comments:
The church story is pretty fuuny. I got a good chuckle! And I know what you mean about the clean house. You would think since I'm home all day, every day that my house would be clean but it seems worse because we're in it all day. And why don't husbands understand?? Jeff always invites people over to a messy house and gives me like 15 minutes notice. Sheesh!
Too funny- I love the term MOM clean- it's perfect! And please don't think you are alone! We all just WANT everyone to think our houses are always clean! :)
I need to get into the MOM clean mode too. I get so tired of all the clutter but have yet to get the bug to organize it. I want to know how you cleaned with your little ones around? You are so talented!
Post a Comment