CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 2, 2008

Come what may and love it...


I guess it is a rite of passage, that becoming an adult you watch those you love age and pass away. I was sad to read that Elder Wirthlin passed away last night. For an older man he sure was cute! I found comfort in seeing his face at the pulpit and listening to his counsel.


I was a very bad girl this year and didn't watch conference. Lately I have preferred reading the talks in moments of silence so I can truly reflect on the words without distraction. A few weeks ago I got together with my best girl friend for lunch and we talked about life and the struggles of being a wife/mother. She told me that she had found comfort in Elder Wirthlin's latest talk



I went home that night and read his words. And they spoke to me as well. Especially the closing line:

As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it.”

3 comments:

G Gang said...

That's sad to hear. I'm glad you enjoyed the talk. Who knew we would be talking about conference talks when we went out to lunch?? Certainly not me!!!

Rachel said...

I've always loved Elder Wirthlin as a personal favorite, so Josh called me right away when he heard. I loved that talk and also what he said on the Special Witnesses video from a few years ago. I'm glad he's reunited with his wife.

Kristin said...

That is a great quote. I remember him giving his talk but I will have to reread it. I also love President Monson's talk about enjoying the journey. I am trying to remember that more in my role as mother.