Whoever (whomever?) created the crock pot was such a smarty pants. How convenient is it to dump all your ingredients in and forget about it until its time to eat? As a working mom, especially one with a 60-90 minute afternoon commute home my Crockpot should be my best friend. I actually own two, so I should say friends. There is just one small problem...
I am terrified to leave a Crockpot on all day while I am at work. T-E- Double R ified!!
One day I was baking something (in my oven mind you) and decided to take the boys quickly to Fry's to get a forgotten ingredient for dinner. I couldn't have spent more then 10 minutes in the store and when I came out there was black smoke in my home's general direction. I was just sure that I burnt the house down. Too bad my depth perception is so bad I didn't realize the smoke was coming from the Estrella Mountain area. Oops.
I found a new blog to enjoy 365 Days of Crock Pot Meals . This woman spent an entire year only making dinner in a Crockpot. I haven't been through all the recipes yet, but I am hoping to conquer my fear and start making some for my own family to enjoy. I think I may start with this one
You know what is really funny... typing this out made me realize that Blair is home sleeping most days I work. So really if anything started burning he would surely smell it, or hear the alarms go off. DUH!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
1 comments:
I love that blog- it is so great! I found it a few months back. Totally was LOVING my crock pot today for the Primary dinner- we missed you and Blair!
Post a Comment