CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 3, 2009

A New Friday Feature...

Maybe you have seen my new little countdown right over here --------->
You see, the Karafa family will be making our first official (as THE Karafa family) to the Happiest Place On Earth aka... DISNEYLAND!!!

My children have inherited my deep love and appreciation of all things Disney and are really looking forward to going, but I think I am 100 times more excited FOR them! Going to Disneyland for family vacations are still my favorite childhood memories.
So from now until May 8th on Friday's I am going to post something Disney related. Then everyone can share my joy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Mother tells a story of riding behind me on the Matterhorn and getting wet from my tears. I'm not sure (and I am sure she will correct me) on my age but I honestly could have been 8 or 9. I'm not ashamed to admit to crying........and I am no sissy............there was a MONSTER on the ride. A big white, beady red eyed ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN monster!
Don't believe me? Neither did my mother. Or sister. Or father.......
FOR YEARS!!!
Until one Sunday evening when we were watching the Wonderful World of Disney special together and they had a behind the scenes look at Disneyland rides. And who should appear? That's right folks................the Monster of my nightmares. The Abominable Snowman himself.
Vindication is a sweet sweet drug!
Take a look here at one of my favorite Disney blogs. I guess I can cut my family some slack as Mr. Monster was an addition to the classic ride.....
or maybe not.

6 comments:

G Gang said...

I totally know what you're talking about. It has been years since I have been to Disneyland (and probably years until I go again) but I still remember the Matterhorn as a scary ride.

The John Family said...

Hey! On your blog you posted about the train ride you guys rode, where is that? and where is the splash pad located?

Stoddard Family said...

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I want to go too!!! You are making me very sad. I looooove disneyland too. It is also some of my favorite memories. I had so much fun taking Megan. It is even more fun I think when you get to see them enjoy it.

Kelly and Megan said...

Yay for Disneyland! I too love vacations to Disneyland. In fact, we are going in two weeks. Wahoo! Hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Christie & Dan said...

I remember that thing! I'm pretty sure that it scared the crap out of me when I was a little kid.

Kelly and Megan said...

Hey, thanks for the message. Ice cream is the only that he wants right now. He likes chocolate. I hate having sick kiddos! Never fun.