My all-time favorite ride at DISNEYLAND has got to be The Haunted Mansion. I'm sure it goes hand in hand with my morbid fascination with all things occult, scary movies, Halloween etc.
Standing in line outside the Gothic mansion of my dreams my heart pounds in anticipation as the line slowly crawls inside. I love walking past the graveyard reading all of the funny tombstones to see if any have been added. That's the best part about Disneyland... the little details! When I finally get inside the foyer I am probably holding my breath because I am so excited!
One of the best details for me is the horseless hearse out front. My family went on one of annual Spring Break trips in 1997 and I clearly remember making my mom take my picture in front of the hearse. You see, my best friend is DEATHLY (ha-ha) afraid of hearses. I knew she would just love the picture! As I crept closer to the velvet ropes around the hearse I noticed the small plaque that said this was THE HEARSE that took President Brigham Young's body to his final resting place. AWESOME!!
Too bad Snopes ruined my fun and told me it wasn't real after all! Blurg!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago

1 comments:
Ha ha! Real funny. I still have that picture. Acutally, it should be in the pictures that I lent you a few months ago.
And you know what else, there is a hearse that lives a couple of streets over. I just totally don't get it - disgusting!
Post a Comment