It's funny this thing we call blogging. We as in the moms who are reading this post and will hopefully nod in agreement. we all blog for different reason's I'm sure.
My reasons for blogging are these:
I want to remember our lives, especially the everyday, little, mundane (or so it seems) moments
I like to share pictures of my kids (and look at yours)
My blog is my journal. I try to post not only the fun activities but also my thoughts and feelings.
I went to lunch yesterday with my bestie (and fellow blogger) Katie . Our conversation at some point turned to blogging and I mentioned how some people seem to only post the "pretty" things in their life. I honestly strive to keep my blog real...you know the snotty nose, dirty house, brothers fighting pictures and stories.
Then last night I was thinking about my blog and how I always make excuses when I post pictures of myself. Like the Disney pics about hot weather, end of the day, bad angles excuse. Or in the past when I have a picture and notice my garments hanging out a bit and say oops! Real life for me means that my children have tugged and pulled my shirt down my arm and you will see my garments. That stain on my clothes is either from muddy dog paws or food covered hands. It might even be from my own clumsiness...in fact it probably is. Lets face it, I don't own an article of clothing that isn't stained.
So in an effort to keep it real here own my blog, my soapbox, my journal, I am going to start posting more pictures of myself without excuses. Because you know what....this is the mom that my kids see everyday. They love me no matter how fat I am. How unflattering my hairstyle or clothes are. They love me with make-up and without. Because no matter what I am their mom. And someday when I print my blog into a book and keep it for them to read I think they will like to see their Mom (and their Dad too) in the family pictures. Maybe I will be 100 pounds lighter and we will all laugh.
Their memories of us are as important as ours of them. And we know you don't get that time back.
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
3 comments:
Hmmm, that is some good food for thought. My Christmas card...I edited the photo to remove about 20 pounds. (shhh, don't tell!)
Amen, Sistah! er... Cousin!
Very well stated! I guess I need to follow suit.
Post a Comment