Like any self respecting mother with a house full of boys I went out this evening to stock my pantry full of food. Specifically cold cereal. The breakfast of champions. A boys favorite meal. No one ever complains when served a heaping bowl of Fruit Loops.
As I backed out of my driveway I heard a loud thump. Fabulous! My first thought was that I backed into a car parked across the street. My second thought... whoops, I forgot to take the trashcan back to the garage. My third thought...I really hope none of my neighbors saw this (they did.)
We returned home just in time to make a late dinner. A vegetarian meal that could only pass for dinner when Daddy isn't around (no meat= no food). We were going to dine on sautéed string beans, carrots and delicious watermelon. My boys favorites! My helpers each toted a bag inside while I carried 4, turned off the alarm, quieted of fierce watchdog and headed back out for the stragglers. I herded the boys back inside and got my last 3 bags full of 1/2 gallon milk and my watermelon. Then I shifted everything to my left arm and tried to shut the van door. AND THEN I DROPPED MY WATERMELON.
If you have never seen a watermelon crash to the ground and explode you are really missing out. It was just short of amazing how far the carnage flew. My first thought was a word I cannot say on the blog. My second was hopefully I can save some (I did). My third was that I hope none of the neighbors saw (they did). But my fourth thought was at least the garbage can is close.
Thank goodness for the weekend.
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
2 comments:
Uh oh, sounds like one of those days! At least your mishaps can provide entertainment to boring people like me. :-)
What.. no pic of the Watermelon?!?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment