CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 4, 2009

Nine...

Nine years ago my baby sister turned 10. Officially double digits, not so babyish. Now she's 19 and a freshman at ASU. Happy Birthday Gill Pickles.

That same day nine years ago was my first day of work at USA Today. I was 19 years old.

The last nine years have gone by fast, yet so slowly at times. Oh how my life has changed since that October day in 2000.



ETA-
Oh Katie you are so right! And I didn't forget about Little Buddy, I thought you were still in UT and planned on texting him!

More ETA-
Now that I am thinking about my little buddy Trevor celebrating his 1st birthday today it has me reminiscing about more days gone by. When your sisters have babies its wonderful. Wonderful because they feel like they are your own babies only you didnt have to carry them, birth them and you don't have to take them home! With each of Betsy's kids I find peices of her in them and my love for them grows even more.

Now Katie and I have been besties for years. It didnt take long for her to become my sister too. But something has to be said for the sealing power of the Temple, which makes you work even harder at maintaining relationships with your family. I think we have had times over the years that our relationship has suffered. When Katie had Bella I saw so much of her and I fell in love with Bella and with my old friend all over again. With Trevor it happened again, only now we shared mothering a boychild together. And the bond with a mother and son is one you have to experience for yourself.

So today on October 4th I say Happy Birthday to Gill and Trevor!

And most of all I say I LOVE YOU to my sisters! All 3 of them!

2 comments:

G Gang said...

Love the hair!!
Today is another significant date for you... another loved one was born one year ago today. You and I (and Gill) had lunch together the day before he was born. I think that's significant...

G Gang said...

Good job. You made me cry. Love you!