CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 27, 2010

Questions on a Gray day…

Have I …

  • Mentioned that I know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby"… (All right stop, collaborate and listen). I am singing it in my head right now.
  • Written down that Dillon is calling Goofy "GOOSY" and it makes me smile every time.
  • Said that Jordan is officially OBSESSED with Mario Bros and tell me that he is "Pretty Darn Good" at playing?


 

Should I …

  • Already be worrying about sending JoJo off to kindergarten this fall?
  • Really start TTC again (kind of mulling over the idea)
  • Keep my next Disney trip a secret so Brooke doesn't make fun of me?


 

Will I …

  • Ever be able to be a stay at home mom?
  • Get rid of this sinus/post nasal drip crud sometime in the near future?
  • Be able to live without antacids one day?


 

Days like today I wonder if everyone's mind is as cloudy and jumbled with thoughts as mine. Dreary days make me glad to live in the Arizona. Not because I like the sun so much, but if every day was dark and dreary like today I don't think I could ever pull myself out of the gloominess I feel sometimes.

Last week I made an overnight trip to Salt Lake City for work. It was cold and dreary and everything was shades of gray. Most of my work kept me down in the industrial area of town that didn't help to brighten the atmosphere. As I drove my rental SUV (gray) through the sloshy (dirty gray snow) streets I thought to myself that I could totally dig living in this world. Gray & sloshy, just like me.

Then I thought about my two little boys. I thought about their sunny smiles and happy faces. I thought about their sun-up to sun-down energy. Most days that energy makes me (and their poor Grandma I am sure) slightly insane. I just can't keep up. My happy, sunny little balls of energy would not take kindly to living in a gray dreary place. And if that doesn't pull a Mom out of the slumps I don't know what could.


 

On a happier note… sort of. My oldest friend turned 30 years old today. And we have now been friends for half her life. Weird.


 

Happy Birthday Katie Dear!

0 comments: