CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 18, 2010

Storytelling...



Yesterday Pickles sat on my lap and told me a scary story. It was all about a Monster JoJo in Dilly's bedroom. Really, that was all he was able to get out. While his facial expressions were awesome and his hands had full range of emotion he couldn't quite get the words out.

Poor buddy, this happens a lot. My little Dilly took quite along time to talk. The first 22 months of his life all he would say is cat, Da, and he could grunt. I wrote about the first time he said Mama here. Once he started talking he never stopped. He just repeats himself alot too. If he gets stuck or interrupted he will start over... and over... and over.

It's frustrating for him and for adults not used to him and his quirks. But he's my quirky fellow and I love him.  I understood his story and was frightened and laughed and everything. It's nice when a boy and his Mama understand each other.

2 comments:

Watson Family said...

What sweet and spunky little men you are raising! :) His expressions, and your bond as mother and son, are priceless!

Stoddard Family said...

hey,hey,hey,hey,hey,hey,hey,hey,hey!!!!I love me some Dill pickles.