Twice a year I can count on one thing...
The hubs taking me to a Cubs game.
Once to sit on the lawn and watch the hopefuls angle for a spot on the roster while instilling the Great American Pastime in our children's memories. The next time will come later in Spring when he will escort me downtown and buy me all the junk food my heart (and stomach) desires. He is a nice hubs like that.
Last night was the latter of the two and hubs and I enjoyed a rare cool evening...Alone even. The roof and panels were open letting in a wonderful breeze. There was a sea of blue amongst the "Sedona Red". And nothing compares to a home-run from the first at bat! Go #12!
No one needs a goat when you bring your own curse to the game. Everytime Blair takes me to a Cubs game they lose. Cubs fans are good at disappointment though... (that's my inner Yankee speaking)
I'm no D'Backs fan (sorry Dad). I only come to the game to make fun of the rabid fans. Like the return of the MULLET! He was a Cubs Die-Hard too. Hmmm....
Let's be real here. I really come for this:
Thanks for the date babe. One day I will get you to Wrigley! XOXO

1 comments:
ahhh, Cold Stone. Of course! ;)
Post a Comment