CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 23, 2009

Feeling Human...

I love little people.
No really I do! I love my own little people, and I also love the 11 little people I get to see each Sunday in Primary. (I may also have an unhealthy obsession with midgets but that is another post entirely.) But sometimes a gal just really needs to be around/speak to adults. Know what I mean?



Last night was a rare occasion of having Blair home so I was able to go to a sewing class for Enrichment. I made the cutest little Diaper/Wipes holder with my leftover kitchen fabric (of which I intend to use every scrap).



Most importantly I came home ENRICHED. Body and soul. There is spirit that is felt when in company with your Sisters in the Gospel that just cannot be matched. I have really missed that. I guess I didn't even realize how much. There are some pretty awesome chicks in my ward. Most I know from afar, but if I see you out and about I will smile and say hello. I got to know one lady much better and who knew... she could have been my sister in law's sister in law (Brian's sister! for you Tara).


I have an ever growing friendship with Brooke. If you would have told either of us that 6 years ago in the Singles Ward I think we both would have laughed. Times change, people grow and I now appreciate Brooke for all the fabulous things she is! Like a wonderful teacher to Jordan. I am grateful for her helping to expand his mind and personality! And she is such an example of true faith for me. Which 6 years ago I probably would have called being "Molly Mormon". Oops! I seriously needed Brooke's assistance on our sewing craft last night. She can attest to my (factual) claims at not being able to "Speak Pattern".


I may have also jokingly told her that she should start a "SEW DOMESTIC" group. Any of you Buckeye ladies interested? Maybe once a month? Our first project could be this fun summer purse. Or maybe this one?


Or maybe you could all help me figure out my latest pattern debacle.

Seriously... I do not speak pattern!!



Yo Katie....I also found you the cutest little thing. I know you could make this. Me? Not so much! XOXO

P.S I should probably be a little better with my political correctness... I love midgets/dwarves/little people whatever the correct term may be!

3 comments:

Terresa said...

love the dipes/wipes holder! the fabric is delish! I have one, too, but I bought it, *planning* on being adventurous and making some of my own. That was almost 2 years ago...
Btw, found you on Mormon mommy blogs!

G Gang said...

Oh my awesome. I will try that elephant pattern now that I have a little more time on my hands, after vacation of course.
AND - I can't WAIT for the midget post. I've been waiting a while for that. But nothing will top the midgets in LA for your 21st birthday. Who could ask for a better present than that???
Glad you had fun last night. Did I tell you I'm the new Enrichment leader in my ward? (and a Primary teacher)

Stoddard Family said...

Girls it was the summer of '96. A summer I remember a little too well. 18th birthday, an ax murderer, Spencer... now do you remember?? Oh and I was in Utah while you girls were "summer lovin"