Our final day was bittersweet. My heart was bitter at having to go home and my feet thought it was sweet to be going home. I kept telling my poor tootsies to not fail me now!
We had pretty much gone on all the rides so we spent the day leisurely seeing and doing the things we had missed. Our first stop was the Mickey's Fun Wheel. We walked right on and got a swinging gondola. Blair's note to himself.... Never ride the Fun Wheel again. If forced, do not get a swinging gondola!
We rode Toy Story Midway Mania (our favorite) one last time. We had more tortilla's. We saw the plans for the future of California Adventure which seems pretty awesome (Car's Land, Little Mermaid ride etc.) We decided to see the Alladin musical which was pretty cool, especially since Dillon napped all the way through. Jordy and I hit the Tower of Terror one last time. He still laughed!
We walked by this theater that had the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Turtle Talk with Crush and decided to check it out. I wish we had found this gem sooner. There was a big room that was dark and played all different cartoons and movie clips on huge screens. There were soft couches and cold a/c. It was a Mom heaven! Dillon was still snoozing so Blair took Jordan through. I was just chillin out on of the couches and saw a Disney Cast Member pushing an empty stroller and a woman carrying a toddler. I thought to myself "How rude, can't you push your own stroller?" Then a saw a short man who looked oddly familiar.........and then I remembered. It was Tina Fey's husband. You know....
LIZ LEMON !! We love love love 30 Rock! I will totally admit that we sort of stalked her around the theater for a little bit...I was so happy to see she was just a nice normal Mom. I think I like her even more.
For lunch we headed over to the Grand Californian Hotel. They have this little place called White Water Snacks. The food isn't too badly priced, and you can sit in a nice cool room and enjoy the scenery. And if you were sitting outside on the patio you got to enjoy the "scenery" Dillon provided by pulling his shorts down, sticking his diapered bum against the window, laughing and saying moon. I swear I did not teach him that! I wanted to die! Luckily the family outside thought it was hilarious!
The big boys hit the Grizzly Rapids one last time. Dillon and I had another impromptu photo shoot in the shade.
We decided to end the day back at Disneyland and found a few friends along the way.
Bert even taught the boys how to dance like a penguin! Neither Blair or I could remember riding the train around Disneyland and we thought the kids would like it (we have since heard from both parents that we did in fact ride the train...several times!)
I tried to get a cute picture in front of the statue...or sculpture as Jordy would say. This was as good as it gets.
We had purchased a new stroller for the trip. Jordan of late has decided he likes to get in and out so I thought it would be perfect. Unfortunately both kids wanted the jumpseat in back. Too bad we didn't figure this move out until the last day:
Yeah... on second thought, maybe not!
I used to have a musical jewelry box that played "Someday My Price Will Come". My prince came, followed by two little princes who destroyed the music box. I love them anyways!
Let's remember it was warm, I was on vacation, it was the 6th straight day of Disney (and probably 6:30 pm) when this picture was taken (from a very unflattering angle BLAIR!). This blog is my reality so I am posting the picture anyways!
So thus ends our first family trip to Disneyland. It was a magical time. I was happy to spend so much time with Blair, it seems we don't see each other much these days. I delighted in watching the boys enjoy their Daddy and his company. It was a great bonding experience for all of us. I hope we treasure these memories for a long time and continue to build new and lasting one's. Maybe Disneyland will always be the Happiest Place on Earth for the Karafa family. I sure hope so!
Goodbye for now Disneyland! I hope we get back to visit you soon!
New Year Celebration
2 years ago
2 comments:
Love the family picture in front of Disneyland. I think every family has to have one of those.
Mindy---
Flip Flops?!?! SERIOUSLY!?! No wonder your feet were hurting- you poor thing! For me it is all about good sneakers at Disneyland- otherwise it just plain hurts! Glad you had fun despite the pain! And six days at the happiest-place-on-earth sounds and looks WONDERFUL!!
Post a Comment