To make my blog private.
That doesn't mean I don't love you friends that have one. But...
Nothing makes my day worse than clicking onto a blog while in my head saying"Oh goody, I know these nice people!" and getting this:It's like junior high all over again and I am not invited to sit at the cool kids table.
Seriously though...I get it. I understand that we want to protect our family, especially our children from online predators. I just wish Blogger had a way to say If you know me and you are not a creep press this button to request access to my blog! Don't you? Even Craigslist lets you anonymously email people! And it is one of the skeeziest websites out there.
Until today the hubs was the only one I could complain to about this... don't you feel lucky I am including you? I bet you do! Somewhere very deep down inside... it's there.
Because we live in the cell-phone camera/youtube generation I sort of refuse to let myself get too protective over stuff. It's a mental health thing really. And I figure weirdo's will get what they want someway or another.(and I would look pretty dumb to go private now...right?) So I have decided to research some way's to protect my images as best I can while also maintaining a public forum to share them in.
If you are interested you can click HERE. I decided to not clutter up this post for those that aren't. I'm pretty nice like that.

2 comments:
I too understand why people go private but seriously some of my favorite blog reading has come from blog hopping. Anyway, thanks for the info. Now I need to just get on the ball and change the look of my blog.
This is so helpful! My blog is not private but I've been trying to find out for the longest time how to change the settings so that my pics can't be saved, blown up, printed, etc. Thanks for your detective work!
Post a Comment